Friday 4 May 2012

A little inspiration

All smiles after the TC10K
As the Marathon draws closer I find it harder to strike a balance between sittin' back, relaxin' and enjoyin' the ride and getting caught up in the pressure and expectations I have been so keenly focused on for the past four months. What I know in my runner's soul is that at the end of the day, I will not be disappointed in how this all plays out. The success of LaceUp4Lupus, the unconditional love and support of friends and family and the deepened friendships that have come from this project have already made me feel like I've won this race!
With that being said...don't for a second think that I have lost my competitive edge. I will go to bed tonight and the night after thinking of one thing...Being strong! Race morning will be spent visualizing all the little checks and balances that will be nagging me for 42K.

Felt well rested and peppy for the TC10K

Last week's taper was really quite lovely. I had a dreamy experience at the TC10K and enjoyed a couple lazy runs with girlfriends. Between these runs I also had two radio interviews, which gave me a chance to chat about the project and the team. It felt so great to sing the praises of everyone's efforts and put it out there that we will be looking for runners to join in for Fall events.

FUNDRAISING UPDATE: $6547.00 | Donate HERE


Now...back to the task at hand - We've got a marathon to run folks! 
Allow me to list a few of the things that I draw inspiration from in the days leading up to the event.Yes, some are serious, some are silly but if it ain't fun, it ain't worth it!

What gets my Mojo going...
- This song make me feel that no matter what, I can still get 'er done
- The fact that I now have socks that match my sunglasses (and my shoes!!) 
- Just about anything said by this man
- Knowing that, although Kat, Tracy, Jen, Lori and Shari may not be running beside me on Sunday, they'll be running WITH me!
- A poster that feels like it was written just for me



I had a wonderfully simple text from a fellow runner and close friend this morning. 
Three simple words..."TIME TO FLY!
Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment