Tuesday 24 April 2012

In Taper we Trust

The TAPER...Simply put, this is a time when there is nothing more you can do to build your training. You must trust that up to this point you have done enough; Enough long runs, enough fast runs, enough hilly runs...Now we rest more than run.  As lovely as that sounds it is a struggle. I am confident though that I am as prepared as I could be and after my 38km epic adventure last week I am feelin' pretty darn good. That being said, the marathon always has the ability to plant a seed of doubt. But for now that seed is small and I will not allow it to grow one ounce.

I am going to keep the rest of this entry short and sweet as I am planning on a few more updates as we inch closer to race day. So...in a nut shell here are some of my highlights from the past two weeks.
    • My 38km run was amazing. I felt like I was floating for most of it. Total runners high! I realized I might have been hallucinating when I started chatting to the unicorns and CareBears that were accompanying me, but whatever gets you through it, right?
    • The run was followed by brunch to send off Jani to live her dream of running the London Marathon.
    • LU4L team member Kristen Dibblee completed the Boston Marathon in the blistering heat and despite nearly double the average temperature I have no doubt she finished with a smile.
    • I was contacted by the Vancouver Marathon, Media Relations Director regarding a story on LaceUp4Lupus!
    • A run in the pouring rain with one of my closest friends.
    • A couple of the LU4L members had some hard runs last week, but bounced back with really solid efforts! Woot woot...Like I said, better to get it out of your system now, then on race day.
    • Fundrasing update: $6157.00

Shari and Sammy met me en' route for a Sunday run
 
It's not too late to donate!  Click here to sponsor the team.
 
 
REMEMBER...
"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. 
The hard...is what makes it great!"
-Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

No comments:

Post a Comment