Sunday 22 January 2012

And....Action!

I had an email from a close friend the other day that caught me totally off guard. The title of the email was simply..."Inspirational Runner Story". I found a couple minutes in my busy afternoon to open what I thought was gonna be one of those amazing stories or videos of people who have committed their lived to do amazing things.  What I found instead was a short note asking simply if I would be interested in being featured in a Running Magazing for the LaceUp4Lupus project!
  
The string of emails back and forth went something like this...

Me: "Are you sure you meant to send this email to me, friend?"
Friend: "Ah yeah...pretty sure."
Me: "But, I haven't done anything yet...Aren't these stories usually reserved for folks who have already raised millions of dollars or pushed their disabled child across the finish line of Iron Man or something along those lines?"
Friend: "This is a great opportunity to showcase what you are about to do! I have faith in you that you will do something great."
Me: ...speechless


 
So, we headed off into the snow drifts for a quick photo shoot!  It is somewhat unnerving having someone point a giant 'mother' of a lens right at you, but in the end it was all fun and all for a good cause. Running in the snow (even just for show) is one of my most favourite things!  I feel like a kid who can't wipe the smile of their face (see proof above!)

I am hopeful the article will come out in the Spring and will give the Project a good boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment